Monday, April 08, 2013

I'm about to bounce....

...as any recent author photo will verify... off to Alabama for a bit, followed by a triumphant return to my homebase in central Madrid. I attended this year's Museum of Comics and Cartoon Arts Festival (link to a fabulous article HERE), which is now organized by the Society of Illustrators. It was a great event and I enjoyed catching up with friends old and new, selling and signing books and sharing the floor with scores of talented people. (link to another fine article about the festival HERE) Thanks to NBM Publisher Terry Nantier for allowing me to push our Lucifer's Garden of Verses series, as well as African-American Classics and Narcissa at his booth. New York is still my home and my friends and family have made this trip quite an unforgettable one after more than five years spent abroad.
(Photo by Janice Chiang)

I'll be coming back to the Big Apple a lot sooner, in January, to be exact! I'll fill you in on the many projects that I'm involved in throughout the end of the year in my next journal update. For now I'll leave you with an image from my upcoming full length comics biography of Thelonius Monk, to be published next year by the Duke University Press. More news as it develops!
Keep in touch, everybody! I'll see you soon,
Lance Tooks

(P.S. Here's one more interview for the road!)
(P.S.P.S. This just in, the precociously brilliant artist Dre Grigoropol chimes in about MoCCA 2013!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home