Friday, February 22, 2008

News on the march…


Here’s some more Spanish pub sketchery. There’s a lot cookin’ on the Tooks workfront:


I’m off to Granada next weekend for the 2008 Salon de Comics…


Honoring the tenth anniversary of playwright Eve Ensler’s international success “The Vagina Monologues”, there will be a major staging of the play at the New Orleans Superdome. A cast of celebrities will perform in front of an enormous backdrop of my comics story “Six Single Mothers”, which was originally published in the magazine Girltalk, edited by Ann Decker, Isabella Bannerman & Sabrina Jones for Fantagraphics books…


I’ve got work hanging in Alex Simmons’ current curated exhibition, “The Color of Comics” at Bronx Community College…
I’ve got work in the upcoming “Out of Sequence” exhibition, curated by John Jennings & Damian Duffy at the University of Illinois Krannert Art Museum…

My adaptation of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s Rappaccini’s Daughter, and my contribution to Harvey Pekar’s book about the Beat poets are in stores soon…
…and I’m making new comics too!
Lance Tooks

  • my story, “Six Single Mothers”

  • Vagina Monologues’ V-DAY site

  • Color of Comics exhibition info

  • Out of Sequence exhibition info

  • Salon de Comics Granada 2008 info


  • (PS: Happy Birthday, Mom!)

    1 Comments:

    Anonymous Patri said...

    Es una imagen preciosa!!! Eres increible.

    12:03 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home